The German Congregation is of special importance in the "City of Reconciliation". It visualizes that Germans and Britons have a joined responsibility for peace. Thus, the German service is an integral part in the Chapel of Unity– a permanent mission for the small local parish. The remembrance of Jesus Christ is the source of a successful collaboration between nations. People of all ages from Coventry and surrounding meet for a monthly service.The first German service happened in 1950, the parish was founded in 1965 and since 1968 the minister is jointly appointed with Birmingham.